Now with all that out of the way, it’s time to get down to the business of thinking about the design phase of the build…
Clearly, there are two chief considerations:
- What hardware am I going to use to physically capture the images with sufficient quality and absent of major defects?
- What software can I use that will allow me to:
- Provide any post-processing necessary to minimise any defects unable to be eliminated at the capture stage
- Store and collate the images in a fashion so that they can easily be made into PDF later (numbered files 0001, 0002 etc. would be helpful!)
- Batch process all of the above into a final, complete PDF that can then be put through OCR software to allow for search.
Phew! Fortunately, from my general experience I know how I can do most of the software side of things already. Hardware? Well that might be a little more tricky…